Zithromax is an antibiotic of the last generation, has a good tolerance, and can neutralize action of most known originators of infection. It contains Azithromycin, a representative of a new group of antibiotics azalides. A unique peculiarity of Zithromax is a bacteriostatic and bactericidal action (depending on the dosage). It can be used in the treatment of many infections and is not destroyed by beta-lactamase. Depending on the therapeutic dose, Zithromax breaks the process of bacteria growth, or completely destroys a cellular wall of bacteria and microorganisms itself. The antibiotic is resistant to the acid environment and is absorbed from the GIT well. It easily penetrates into the skin, soft tissues, respiratory tracts and tissues of the urinary system.
Zithromax is an excellent choice for the treatment of the infectious diseases in pediatrics, especially in children who have allergy to penicillin. There are some restrictions for the use of Zithromax in children but it is necessary to consult a doctor for more detailed information.
Indications for the use
Zithromax is used for the treatment of the inflammatory, purulent processes caused by infections:
- Bronchitis (including chronic one)
- Lyme disease
- Stomach ulcer
How to take Zithromax?
Before the treatment of the infectious diseases, it is necessary to check the sensitivity of the originators of infection to Zithromax. This is performed in the laboratory conditions on the basis of the blood and urine tests. If microflora is sensitive to the action of Azithromycin, the administration of Zithromax can be used.
- The pills of Zithromax are taken once per day, before or after eating
- Treating the infections of the respiratory tracts, adults are prescribed 500 mg of Zithromax per day within 3 days
- Treating infections of the abdominal cavity, skin, or urinary system, it is recommended to use 1000 mg of Zithromax per day within 3-5 days
- Children are prescribed Zithromax in the minimal dose of 250 mg per day and the dose is increased up to 500 mg, if needed.Side effects
- There is little information that Zithromax causes severe side effects. Patients taking Zithromax often complain about digestion disorder, nausea, diarrhea, and flatulency.
- To lower the probability of the side effects, Zithromax can be taken in 2 hours after meals, with a full glass of water.
If overdose, the side effects can be more dangerous: severe vomiting, allergic reaction, skin rash, temporal hear worsening, and hallucinations. If these unwanted symptoms occur, the use of the antibiotic Zithromax is stopped, and consult a physician for further actions.
- Taking Zithromax, do not consume beverage drinks. Ethanol interact with Azithromycin and can cause the side effects
- Azithromycin slows down the excretion of such medical ingredients as prednisolone, indirect anticoagulants, felodipine, and cyclosporine. It can cause the increase of their concentration in the plasma of the blood and high toxicity for the body
- Tetracycline antibiotics enhance the action of Zithromax, and therefore the daily dose should be lowered during their simultaneous use