Everybody knows what it’s like to have a sleepless night. No matter how hard you try to fall asleep, nothing works. Lack of sleep makes your day less productive as you remain tired. One night without proper sleep isn’t a disaster as you can catch up later. But what if this condition keeps repeating night by night? In this case insomnia may require to be treated.
What Are the Symptoms of Insomnia?
There are several symptoms of insomnia, including:
- Problems with not to fall asleep at night;
- Awakening earlier;
- Awakening several times at night;
- Lack of energy during a day;
- Increased number of mistakes;
- Desire to sleep during the day;
- Feeling of tiredness;
- Negative emotions (anxiety, irritability, depression, etc.);
- Distress in the gastrointestinal tract;
- Problems with focusing on something or remembering something;
- Constant worries about sleep.
Why Insomnia Occurs
Insomnia may occur due to different causes including:
- Negative emotions like anxiety, stress, depression, etc. may lead to problems with sleep;
- Medical conditions, such as suffering from breathing problems, chronic pain and other conditions may prevent a person falling asleep. There are many conditions that are often linked with insomnia, for instance, heart failure, lung disease, stroke, arthritis, cancer, Parkinson’s disease, etc.;
- Changes in your routine may disrupt the circadian rhythms of your body, which may also be the reasons for sleepless nights;
- Poor sleep conditions may include irregular schedule, uncomfortable environment for sleep and use of your bed not only to sleep but also for other activities;
- Some medications may cause problems with sleep, for instance, some antidepressants, blood pressure and heart medications, stimulants and others;
- Nicotine, alcohol and products with caffeine may also affect the ability to fall asleep at night;
- Eating lots of food late in the evening. If you feel hungry, it’s better to have a light snack but avoid eating too much that may lead to a sleepless night.
How Insomnia Can Be Treated
If you start experiencing difficulties in your daily life due to the lack of sleep, this is high time you consulted your doctor. A healthcare provider will check your health condition in order to find the reasons. If a sleep disorder is suspected, you may be advised to visit a sleep center. Eventually, the specialists will find the reasons for insomnia and offer you an adequate treatment. Visiting a doctor is very important for understanding real reasons for insomnia, as only knowing them allows a person to implement an effective treatment that may also include using some medications.
What Medications Are Used for Treatment of Insomnia?
There are many medications that can be used to treat insomnia, including Ambien, Trazodone, Zolpidem, Lunesta, Ativan, Dalman, Restoril, Temazepam, etc. You can find those medications at Canadian Pharmacy, where you can buy them online without prescription.