What is Bactrim?
Bactrim is an antibacterial medical product of the wide action which contains an active ingredient co-trimoxazole (sulfamethoxazole/ trimethoprim).
During the increase of the pathogenic microflora, Bactrim directly affects the cells of bacteria and prevents the formation of the cellular walls in which the microorganisms are developed. The bactericidal effect of Bactrim is directed at the complete destruction of the morbific microflora, so that a fast result is achieved in the treatment.
The advantage of Bactrim is a low risk of the relapse of the infectious disease after the treatment. Co-trimoxazole differs from all popular groups of the antibiotics online phurchase and has a good tolerance.
Using Bactrim does not affect the process of the formation of the useful microflora, and therefore it is often prescribed patients with immunodeficiency.
Indications for the use
- respiratory tract infections (bronchitis, pneumonia, otitis media, sinusitis)
- Infections of the urogenital tract (urethritis, cystitis, prostatitis)
- Gastrointestinal infections (cholera, typhoid, diarrhea)
- Infections of the skin (abrasions, acne, etc.)
If you have diagnosed an infectious disease, it is necessary to buy Bactrim and begin the treatment as soon as possible. The earlier the bacteria activity will be neutralized, the less complications the disease will cause.
Contraindications for the use
You can buy Bactrim and take it without prescription but you should know about the contraindications for the use:
- Severe cardiovascular disease
- Hepatic/renal failure
Bactrim is not prescribed newborn and children under 2 months.
Uses and doses
The dose of Bactrim is selected individually depending on the patient’s age, type of the infection, body weight, and sensitivity to the active ingredients.
A tablet of Bactrim contains 480 mg of the active ingredient (400 mg sulfamethoxazole and 80 mg of trimethoprim).
- Adults are recommended to take a tablet of Bactrim 480 mg 2 times per day (every 12 hours)
- Children under 12 years are recommended to take ½ – 1 tablets of Bactrim per day. Children should use suspension
- The tablets are used orally, with a full glass of water. If the side effects appear in the GIT, Bactrim may be used after meals.
- The course of the treatment is usually 5 to 10 days
- Bactrim may lower the pharmacological action of the peroral contraceptives, and therefore it is necessary to use the additional birth control during the treatment
- Patients with allergic reaction and bronchial asthma should take Bactrim carefully
If Bactrim is used in the recommended doses, it is usually well tolerated and does not cause the side effects. But the incorrect dosage can cause to some side effects: flushing, dizziness, headache, indigestion.
If the side effects appear, it is necessary to control their intensity and consult a doctor if they are increased. The use of the medicine is stopped during the first development of the skin rash or any severe allergic reaction.